Hos 8 Dannevirke Hospital, men's ward, 1911

Original Filename: Hospital.jpg (view)

Original Size: 7.2 MB

Original Image Type: image/pjpeg

Hos 8 Dannevirke Hospital, men's ward, 1911.

Caption

A photo of the interior of the men's ward at Dannevirke Hospital with three unidentified nurses and some unidentified patients visible.  The Matron was Miss Hopper who started in 1909 and left in 1924.

Designed by Ragnar Jensen, the hospital was begun in 1905 and completed in 1906 with an eight bed men's ward, a women's ward, and a six bed nurses quarters. It is situated on the corner of Hospital and Guy Streets, Dannevirke.  It was eventually closed in favour of a smaller, more modern private Community Hospital on Barraud Street, Dannevirke.  The old building continues to be demolished as at 2014.

Series title "Hospital", photograph #8.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion