BCI 12 Brickyard in McCullum St, 1890

Original Filename: Brickyard.jpg (view)

Original Size: 7.7 MB

Original Image Type: image/pjpeg

BCI 12 Brickyard in McCullum St, 1890.

Caption

The  twelfth in a series of photos of buildings. Series title "Buildings Commercial and Industrial".

On back "Property of G. H. Scott 11 York Street Dvke. Elderly bearded gentleman in front of brick wall is William Haines. He came to Dannevirke from Ashburton in 1880".

Description: Men and children inside the brick makers building in McCullum Street. Tools, equipment and new made bricks visible. William Haines was for three and 1/2 years a borough councillor, involved with Lodge of Oddfellows and Freemasons. He was also original principle promoter and second band master for the Dannevirke Brass Band.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion